Friday, May 20, 2011

Bike 2 Work 2011

Biking season (for me) has officially begun! Today was Central Maryland's Bike to Work Day, which is put on every year by the Baltimore Metropolitan Council. Working in Annapolis, I went down to the City Docks to the rally where they had a food table, coffee table, and gave a few speeches. Even with the threat of thunderstorms this afternoon, it was an amazing turn out! I was keeping an eye out for Chesapeake Sailor, but I think he headed on in to work instead of sticking around for the festivities.

They only had three raffles this year, which was a lot less than the previous two years, but one coworker was lucky enough to win a bike chain picture frame:

Five of us from ARINC made it down to enjoy the rally.... here are a few pictures:


1 comment:

  1. Sorry man, I saw the DFH jersey while I was there but didn't connect that it was you. I was in the Severna Park Peloton kit, there were about 10 of us.

    You're right, I had to get to office up by BWI so I split about 7:40, before the drawings and speeches. We just need to set a date and meet for a ride. I'll be in town most of Mem Day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete