Monday, May 17, 2010

Bike to Work Day 2010

This Friday is Maryland's Bike to Work Day. I started this blog in June of last year, a migration from a website I personally owned that I never really updated. I had started a blog for biking over there as well... which all started at this time last year, on the same day as my very first ever commute to work on Bike to Work Day 2009.

A lot has changed since then. On personal levels, I have gotten married, moved, and got a few promotions. On a biking level, I have really started riding. At the 2009 event, I rode my cheap mountain bike in.
From


I met up with a group of coworkers and we rode in. I was the slow man of the group, so slow, in fact, that they broke away with me to ride up a one mile side street and back down to let me get some distance on them. They still caught up and were annoyed at my slow speed. Here I am cresting the top of the Naval Academy Bridge on that bike. Note my terrible saddle position, terrible posture, and look of torture that I try to mask with a smile.


Well, as you all know, I got a new real road bike shortly thereafter. It was an incredible change of speed and efficiency. We started doing weekend BWI Loop bike rides. We rode at lunch together. Anyways, this is all due to the wonderful event that Maryland puts on each year and this Friday they are continuing the tradition. On top of that, Annapolis has started working hard on making the city a more bike friendly place. They have put up road signs, added a few "bike lanes" and even released a map showing the "Bike Routes" through the town. I'm looking forward to this Friday!

And here is a slideshow from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment