Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kinder Farms again... and again... and again...

Since I have gotten my mountain bike, I have been out riding it every day. Kinder Farms is the closest place that I can experiment tearing up some trails, so most days I'll ride her over there. I've gotten fairly accustomed to the trails now, though every time I go I find something new. Today was no different.

I started off passing by that pond again. I decided to stay away from the bamboo though, considering I already popped a tire over there.
From May 30


The pond has a pretty nice little floating dock which somehow I missed up until now.

From May 30


While out exploring around, I did stumble across this... which I can only presume to be an oven or fireplace.
From May 30


The best part of mountian biking though, is making your own trails.
From May 30


Kinder Farms is a great little park. They even have my college's favorite sport, Frolf!
From May 30


I took a little break for some lunch in a hidden away picnic table:
From May 30


Where I found something a bit creepy.
From May 30

From May 30

From May 30

From May 30


Yes, those do say Mother and Baby Meyn.

Kinder Farms has a lot of pavilions you can rent out
From May 30

along with a ton of fields and playgrounds
From May 30

From May 30

From May 30


They also have a communal gardening area that I might look into!
From May 30


Anyways, thats it for todays ride. I can't track mileage while on the mountain bike, but since getting it, I have put in about 10 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Kinder Farms looks like a great place for just about everything! Those headstones would freak me out though...Blair Witch style. I wouldn't have even stopped to photo them & would have peddled hard to get distance.

    Looks like a pretty large place. Is it very near to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're after a good off road route, this piece of advice was the best bit of MTBing route planning advice I've ever had.

    Grab a good scale map of your locale, highlight all of the off road paths you can, then eventually you'll see a good circular route or routes begin to make themselves apparent.

    I'm not too sure if you have the benefit of maps equivalent to the British Ordanance Survey maps in the US as they are a necessity for doing an excercise like this. I hope you have!

    There's nothing worse for keeping you off your MTB than pedalling the same old tracks ad infinitum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Blair Witch was filmed about 30 minutes away from me. I've been to most of those "locations" they filmed in it. And yea, kinder farms is only about 2 miles down the road, which makes it perfect!
    Good idea Clive! I'll have to look into something similar to the Ordnance Survey over here. Google Maps does have biking routes which might suffice!

    ReplyDelete