Friday, May 21, 2010

I just won a Bike!

I mentioned a few days ago that today was the national bike to work day. I met up with a few coworkers and road down... I'll do a write-up on the whole event once I get some pictures loaded up.

But in the meantime.... they had a drawing for a Trek 3500 Hard Tail mountain bike and I won! A huge thanks to Bike Doctor of Annapolis who are giving me the bike and the Baltimore Metropolitan Council for putting on the event!

Unfortunately I won't be able to get fitted and pick the bike up today since, well, I don't think I can ride two bikes home. But, yay, I am so freaking excited. I already scheduled a day out to Patapsco!

Edit: So I biked over to the store on my lunch break. They are offering me store credit equal to the cost of the 3500, which means I can get the bike I have had my eyes on for a long time now, the Cannondale F9! which is about 5 pounds lighter and has better components. I'll only have to pay the difference which is about $100.

Woo hoo!

5 comments:

  1. well done on winning another bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im totally gobsmacked! How lucky is that? Damned good of them to give you a credit instead and sell you the cannondale, although its probably in their favour as the trek would be an easier bike for them to sell.

    The link to the cannondale isnt working by the way, but we need pics of your bike when you get it - before you break it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cooler than an especially cool thing! Well done mate!

    KFS is right, we need pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! The cannondale site is seemingly taking about 10 minutes to come up. In the meantime, if you want to take a look at the F9, head over to REI and take a look there. Its the bike a friend has that I was highly impressed with. While it may not be the best choice (in that price range) for tackling some technical courses, it is a great bike for touring as well. I'm looking forward to some rides on the C&O Canal!

    ReplyDelete